|Position Title||Assistant Librarian|
|Period to Apply||04/26/2022-Open Until Filled|
|Pay Rate||$14.85 (Hourly)|
|Position Status||Regular Full-Time|
|Location||Ohkay Owingeh Library|
Under direct supervision of the Librarian, assists all Library patrons to enable effective use of the Library. Arranges and maintains all reading materials; maintains Library records, performs a variety of administrative tasks; and assists Librarian in managing all facets of the Library. Maintains confidentiality at all times.
Work under the direct supervision of the Librarian.
NATURE OF WORK
• Ensures regular Library hours are maintained.
• Opens and closes Library following the schedule.
• Arranges, re-shelves and assists in in maintaining all reading materials in the Library, ensures the Library is cleaned.
• Welcomes patrons and helps, while maintaining a professional and courteous demeanor.
• Makes and distributes Library cards in a timely manner.
• Provides instructions and tours to new Library patrons.
• Checks materials in and out accurately.
• Assists and participates in outreach services to promote reading and Library usage.
• Assists in scheduling community activities.
• Furnishes information on Library activities, facilities, rules, and services.
• Explains and assists in use of reference sources, such as periodical indexes, to locate information.
• Assists staff and patrons in use of public access catalog and electronic equipment.
• Searches files, reference shelves, and computerized information systems to locate requested information.
• Assists in scheduling community use of the Library for activities not sponsored by the Library programs.
• Assists in generating reports as requested on Library activities.
• Assists in maintaining cleanliness of the computer lab and Library.
• Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes results as required.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Knowledge of traditional form of government and Pueblo customs and traditions.
• Knowledge of the functions and structure of Ohkay Owingeh.
• Knowledge of Library cataloging/classification systems.
• Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
• Ability to communicate effectively in the English language both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
• Ability to work effectively with individuals and demonstrate leadership and team-building skills with empathy and enthusiasm.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to analyze situations and adopt appropriate courses of action.
• Ability to work independently and meet strict time lines.
• Ability to make solid decisions and exercise independent judgement.
• Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows Environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as Power Point).
• Skill in bibliographic, technological, and cataloging, techniques as used in a Library setting.
• Skill in operating audio-visual equipment.
• Skill in preparing reports and correspondence.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma or GED plus one-year library or clerical experience; experience in a public, private, school, special, or research library preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Must be familiar with community resources that assist youth and families in the communities we service
• Must be culturally sensitive and be able to work effectively with individuals from different ethnic backgrounds
• Must be physically able to perform job duties
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality
• Strong clerical and computer/database skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook
• Current valid New Mexico’s Driver’s License
• Must be insurable through the Pueblos insurance Carrier
• No felony convictions or gross misdemeanors within the past ten years
• Must successfully be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and background investigation
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
SUBMIT APPLICATION AND RESUME TO:
OHKAY OWINGEH HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
PO BOX 1099, OHKAY OWINGEH, NEW MEXICO 87566
FAX (505) 852-0093
When required of the position, attach a copy of high school /GED, college education, certification(s) or license(s).
Incomplete applications may delay or exclude consideration of your application