|Period to Apply||05/18/2021-Open Until Filled|
|Supervisor||Senior Citizen’s Program Manager|
|Pay Rate||$12.81 (Hourly)|
|Position Status||Regular Full-Time|
Under direct supervision of the Senior Citizens Manager. Performs chores for assigned Home Bound patients on a regular basis. Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
Work under the direct supervision of the Senior Program Manager.
NATURE OF WORK
- • Unclogs lavatories.
- • Empties and cleans waste receptacles.
- • Disposes of trash approximately.
- • Vacuums and shampoos carpets.
- • Cleans vents and light fixtures.
- • Replaces light bulbs.
- • Assists in moving furniture.
- • Maintains equipment and custodial supplies and replenishes as needed.
- • Cuts weeds, rakes leaves, and removes litter from grounds.
- • Maintains entrances, steps, and walkways.
- • Cleans snow and ice from walkways, entrances, and steps.
- • Trims and prunes trees and bushes.
- • Irrigates lawns using sprinklers, hoses, and flooding techniques.
- • Performs minor maintenance and repairs.
- • Adjusts heating and lighting as requested.
- • Observes safety rules and maintains a safe environment.
- • Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- • Performs other duties as assigned and required.
- • Knowledge of traditional form of government and pueblo customs and traditions.
- • Knowledge of occupational hazards and applicable safety practices.
- • Knowledge of construction, plumbing, plastering, and painting.
- • Knowledge of proper and safe food handling, storage, and disposal requirements.
- • Ability to communicate effectively in the English language both verbally and in writing.
- • Ability to safely operate various cooking equipment, kitchen appliances, and cleaning equipment.
- • Ability to safely use cleaning products and safely operate cleaning equipment.
- • Ability to work extended hours and various work schedules.
- • Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
- • Ability to learn the methods of cleaning and caring for buildings, grounds, and equipment.
- • Ability to problem solve and thinks analytically.
- • Ability to work as a team member in a structured working environment.
- • Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and continually seek improvement in results.
- • Skill in preparing food for groups of people.
- • Skill in handling sharp knives, and other cutting utensils.
- • Skill in supervising, training, and evaluating assigned staff.
- • Certified Food Handler.
- • Certified in CPR and First Aid.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- • High School Diploma or GED and two (2) years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- • Plus one year food handling experience in a kitchen environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- • Must be culturally sensitive and be able to work effectively with individuals from different ethnic backgrounds.
- • Must be physically able to perform job duties.
- • Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- • Strong clerical and computer/database skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
- • Current valid New Mexico’s Driver’s License with no DWI’s.
- • Must be insurable through the Pueblos insurance Carrier.
- • No felony convictions or gross misdemeanors within the past ten years.
- • Must successfully be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and background investigation.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
SUBMIT APPLICATION AND RESUME TO:
OHKAY OWINGEH HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
PO BOX 1099, OHKAY OWINGEH, NEW MEXICO 87566
FAX (505) 852-0093
When required of the position, attach a copy of high school /GED, college education, certification(s) or license(s).
Incomplete applications may delay or exclude consideration of your application.
Incomplete applications may delay or exclude consideration of your application