|Position Title||Community School Teacher|
|Department||Ohkay Owingeh Community School|
|Period to Apply||05/18/2021-Open Until Filled|
|Supervisor||Community School Principal|
|Position Status||School Year Contract|
|Location||Ohkay Owingeh Community School|
Under the direct Supervision of the Principal, provides instruction in all academic areas for elementary students.
Work under the direct supervision of the Community School Principal.
NATURE OF WORK
- • Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction.
- • Uses varied learning environment to present subject matter in reading, language arts, social studies, mathematics, science, bilingual education, art, health, physical education, computer literacy, drug prevention and music to students in a classroom or in an alternative setting
- • Uses lesson plans to best utilize the available time for instruction/learning
- • Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom
- • Prepares administers and corrects tests and record results
- • Evaluates students’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records ad prepares progress reports
- • Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss students’ progress and interpret the school program
- • Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professionals in assessing and helping students
- • Maintains order in the classroom and on the playground, ensuring safety at all times
- • Keeps attendance, grade records and student assessment documentation as required by the school board
- • Instructs students in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in State Law and administrate regulations and procedures of the school
- • Creates an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards and learning centers
- • Maintains professional competencies through in-service education activities provided by the school and self-selected professional growth activities
- • Participates cooperatively with the appropriate administrator to develop the method by which the teacher will be evaluated in conformance with school board guidelines
- • Selects and requisitions books and instructional aides; maintains required inventory records
- • Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities as assigned
- • Administers group standardized tests in accordance with the school testing program
- • Participates in curriculum development programs and implements the same
- • Participates in faculty committees and he sponsorship of student activities to include in and out-of-school activities
- • Performs other duties as required.
- • Knowledge of traditional form of government and Pueblo customs and traditions.
- • Knowledge of the functions and structure of Ohkay Owingeh.
- • Knowledge of childhood development, behavior, and nutrition guidelines.
- • Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
- • Ability to communicate effectively in the English both verbally and in writing.
- • Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
- • Ability to work effectively with individuals and demonstrate leadership and team-building skills with empathy and enthusiasm.
- • Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- • Ability to work independently.
- • Ability to demonstrate moral character, honesty, tact, fairness, lack of prejudice and desire to help when dealing with people.
- • Ability to work extended hours and various work schedules.
- • Ability to adapt to meet the needs of all children including at-risk, special needs, gifted, and culturally diverse populations.
- • Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and continually seek improvement in results.
- • Skill in directing activities of groups of children; evaluating progress and maintaining an orderly classroom.
- • Skill in directing the activities of groups of children; evaluating progress and maintaining an orderly classroom.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- • Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field with one-year experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- • Valid New Mexico Public Education Department of Educator’s License required.
- • Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- • Current valid New Mexico’s Driver’s License with no DWI’s.
- • Must be insurable through the Pueblos insurance Carrier.
- • No felony convictions or gross misdemeanors within the past ten years.
- • Must successfully be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and background investigation.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
SUBMIT APPLICATION AND RESUME TO:
OHKAY OWINGEH HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
PO BOX 1099, OHKAY OWINGEH, NEW MEXICO 87566
FAX (505) 852-0093
When required of the position, attach a copy of high school /GED, college education, certification(s) or license(s).
Incomplete applications may delay or exclude consideration of your application.
Incomplete applications may delay or exclude consideration of your application