|Period to Apply||02/07/2022-Open Until Filled|
|Pay Rate||$12.00/Hour - $15.00/Hour|
|Position Status||Regular Full-Time|
|Location||Ohkay Owingeh Community School|
Under the direct supervision of the School Principal, performs janitorial, custodial, and grounds keeping duties for Ohkay Owingeh Community School.
Work under the direct supervision of the School Principal.
NATURE OF WORK
• Sweeps, mops, scrubs, and waxes floors.
• Dusts and polishes furniture; cleans offices.
• Washes windows, walls, and mirrors.
• Cleans, sanitizes, and deodorizes restrooms; replaces soap and paper products.
• Unclogs lavatories.
• Empties and cleans waste receptacles and ashtrays.
• Disposes of trash appropriately.
• Vacuums and shampoos carpets.
• Strips, waxes, and buffs floors.
• Cleans vents and light fixtures.
• Replaces light bulbs.
• Assists in moving office furniture.
• Maintains equipment and custodial supplies and replenishes as needed.
• Cuts weeds, rakes leaves, and removes litter from grounds.
• Maintains entrances, steps, walkways, and parking lots.
• Cleans snow and ice from parking lots, walkways, entrances, and steps.
• Trims and prunes trees and bushes at ten feet and below.
• Irrigates lawns using sprinklers, hoses, and flooding techniques.
• Performs minor maintenance and repairs.
• Sets up tables and chairs in various meeting rooms as requested.
• Adjusts heating, lighting, sound systems, and water valves in buildings as requested.
• Attends and participates in meetings and planning sessions.
• Informs supervisor of any defects or repairs needed in buildings or on grounds.
• Observes safety rules and maintains a safe environment.
• Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Knowledge of traditional form of government and pueblo customs and traditions.
• Knowledge of occupational hazards and applicable safety practices.
• Ability to communicate effectively in the English language both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
• Ability to safely use cleaning products and safely operate cleaning equipment.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
• Ability to learn the methods of cleaning and caring for buildings, grounds, and equipment.
• Ability to work as a team member in a structured working environment.
• Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and continually seek improvement in results.
• Skill in the use of cleaning tools, chemicals, cleaners, and disinfectants.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma or GED, six (6) months experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Current valid New Mexico’s Driver’s License with no DWIs.
• Must be insurable through the Pueblos Insurance Carrier.
• No felony convictions or gross misdemeanors within the past ten years.
• Must successfully be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and background investigation.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
SUBMIT APPLICATION AND RESUME TO:
OHKAY OWINGEH HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
PO BOX 1099, OHKAY OWINGEH, NEW MEXICO 87566
FAX (505) 852-0093
When required of the position, attach a copy of high school /GED, college education, certification(s) or license(s).
Incomplete applications may delay or exclude consideration of your application