|Position Title||Office Manager|
|Department||Ohkay Owingeh Community School|
|Period to Apply||09/11/2023-Open Until Filled|
|Pay Rate||$43,041.96 - $64,562.94|
|Position Status||Regular Full-Time|
|Location||Ohkay Owingeh Community School|
Under Direct Supervision of the Principal, directs and coordinates administrative services and related activities for the Community School. Ensures operational efficiency and consistency. Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Works under the direct supervision of the OOCS Principal.
NATURE OF WORK
• Prepares budget and budget modifications; maintains financial records; approves and processes accounts payables and purchasing travel documents.
• Prepares requests for payments for services rendered and supplies purchased for the program.
• Maintains a cuff account of expenditures.
• Researches accounts and budgets for accuracy.
• Records monthly meal counts for USDA and attendance for ISEP.
• Data Entry Administrator for the student information system-NASIS
• Prepares timesheets, invoices and payments for Employees and Contractual Employees.
• Registers new students and obtains transcripts from other schools.
• Arranges travel, prepares and submits travel-related documents, and maintains travel information for the staff as necessary.
• Arranges field trips for teachers.
• Establishes and maintains an effective filing and retrieval system.
• Conducts inventory of equipment, materials and supplies as needed.
• Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of calls, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department, ensuring professional telephone etiquette.
• Screens incoming calls and correspondence; exercises judgment and responds accordingly.
• Records and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate.
• Welcomes visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel, maintaining professional and courteous demeanor.
• Maintains a clean and welcoming front office for students, staff, parents and visitors.
• Prepares correspondence, reports, minutes, agendas, memos, forms, directories, resolutions, ordinances, and other documents and communications from drafts, recordings, or verbal instruction for staff as requested.
• Edits and reviews all correspondence and documents for correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
• Maintains and operates office machines, equipment, and computers. Performs or coordinates general maintenance and repair.
• Photocopies, collates, distributes, and files documents.
• Transmits outgoing faxes, and retrieves, logs, and distributes incoming faxes and mail.
• Maintains inventory of office, kitchen, and janitorial supplies.
• Attends meetings and takes minutes as requested.
• Maintains strict confidentiality of all privileged information regarding families, children and staff.
• Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
• Performs other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, SKILLS and CERTIFICATIONS
• Knowledge of traditional form of government and pueblo customs and traditions.
• Knowledge of the functions and structure of Ohkay Owingeh.
• Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
• Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
• Knowledge of records management and accounting procedures.
• Ability to communicate effectively in the English language both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Ability to carry out instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and continually seek improvement in results.
• Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or GED plus five years administrative or secretarial experience; accounting or bookkeeping experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be able to type at least 60 wpm and demonstrate proficiency in grammar, spelling, math, and filing. Current valid New Mexico Driver’s License. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and background investigation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee occasionally is required to stand; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office setting with a moderate noise level. Evening and/or weekend work may be required. Tight time constraints and multiple demands are common. Travel will be required for training, meeting, conferences, presentations and other events.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
SUBMIT APPLICATION AND RESUME TO:
OHKAY OWINGEH HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
PO BOX 1099, OHKAY OWINGEH, NEW MEXICO 87566
FAX (505) 852-0093
When required of the position, attach a copy of high school /GED, college education, certification(s) or license(s).
Incomplete applications may delay or exclude consideration of your application