|Position Title||Transit Driver|
|Period to Apply||05/21/2021-Open Until Filled|
|Position Status||Regular Full-Time|
Under the direct supervision of the Transportation Planner, provides safe, reliable and efficient transport for the transport program on a regularly scheduled basis between his/her pick up and drop off destination. Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
Work under the direct supervision of the Planning/Transportation Manager.
NATURE OF WORK
- • Provides superior, friendly safe, clean and efficient service while transporting customers in a safe and timely manner. Observes all safety standards, assists passengers as needed, including those with special mobility need and carrying items to/from vehicle.
- • Assists customers when loading and unloading as needed.
- • Responsible for following up to date, current and varied schedule for the safe transportation of Ohkay Owingeh Citizens to, within and from the Pueblo.
- • Performs routine safety checks on vehicles to include; operable brake lights, turn signals, tire pressure, first aid kit, pre and post checks, and emergency road kit.
- • Checks the condition on all operating parts of the vehicles, to include; tires lights, brakes, windshield wipers, etc.
- • Inspects vehicles before driving to include; gas, oil, water, tires, lights, windshield wipers, and brake and transmission levels, to ensure safety of operation.
- • Maintains all accurate documentation related to mileage, consumption of gas, oil, and other service related products.
- • Maintains daily trip attendance/logs on all passengers riding the bus or schedule of activities as required.
- • Reports problems, accidents, maintenance, or concerns that may affect the smooth and safe transportation of the passengers.
- • Maintains vehicle cleanliness by washing and cleaning as needed. Performs general maintenance and up-keep of assigned Transportation Departments’ vehicle.
- • Prepares vehicle reports as required. Arranges for vehicle maintenance.
- • Enforces Ohkay Owingeh Transportation Policies on required use of seat belts for all passengers, including self; all children must be placed in child car seat.
- • Maintains accurate, up-to-date emergency contact information on all Americans with Disabilities passengers who regularly ride the bus.
- • Conducts and documents all required training regulations including annual on-board observation, annual behind-the-wheel and refresher classroom training for bus drivers.
- • Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- • Performs other duties as assigned.
- • Knowledge of Traditional Form of Government and Pueblo Customs and Traditions.
- • Knowledge of the functions of and structure of Ohkay Owingeh.
- • Knowledge of occupational hazards and applicable safety practices.
- • Knowledge of rules of the road and road signage.
- • Knowledge of vehicle maintenance.
- • Knowledge of New Mexico Driver and Passenger Service Regulations.
- • Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
- • Ability to communicate effectively in the English language both verbally and in writing.
- • Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
- • Ability to drive safely and efficiently.
- • Ability to use a variety of hand tools in performing minor maintenance on assigned vehicles.
- • Ability to analyze situations and adopt appropriate courses of action.
- • Ability to read a standard road map.
- • Ability to pass CDL required and mandated physical examinations and meet health requirements on an annual basis.
- • Ability to work independently and meet strict time lines.
- • Ability to safely use cleaning products and safely operate cleaning equipment.
- • Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
- • Ability to learn the methods of cleaning and caring for buildings, grounds, and equipment.
- • Skill in use of cleaning tools, chemicals, cleaners, and disinfectants.
- • Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and continually seek improvement in results.
- • Comply with office and personnel procedures.
- • Ensures contract compliance for Grants, and Major Federal Programs; insures compliance with State and Federal regulations.
- • Ability to work as a team member in a structured working environment.
- • Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- • Ability to demonstrate moral character, honesty, tact, fairness, lack of prejudice and desire to help when dealing with people.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- • High School Diploma or GED plus one year experience.
- • Current valid New Mexico Driver’s License with no DWI’s.
- • Must be 21 years of age.
- • Must be physically able to perform job duties.
- • Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- • Strong clerical and computer/database skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
- • Must be insurable through the Pueblos Insurance Carrier.
- • No felony convictions or gross misdemeanors within the past ten years.
- • Must successfully be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and background investigation.
SUBMIT APPLICATION AND RESUME TO:
OHKAY OWINGEH HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
PO BOX 1099, OHKAY OWINGEH, NEW MEXICO 87566
FAX (505) 852-0093
When required of the position, attach a copy of high school /GED, college education, certification(s) or license(s).
Incomplete applications may delay or exclude consideration of your application.
Incomplete applications may delay or exclude consideration of your application