Under direct supervision of the Wellness Manager, assists in checking, cleaning, and maintaining the Wellness Center including all machines,
and office. Assists clients and staff with registration and instructions. Assists clients and staff on registering and orientating of new members.
Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
Work under the direct supervision of the Wellness Manager.
NATURE OF WORK
• Assists in supervising and observing clients in the fitness room
• Assists physical fitness participants with physical fitness activities, handling weights, aerobics, and other activities
• Assists in health education, community outreach, and collecting evaluations and questionnaires
• Assists in maintaining charts on clients and updating computer system
• Reinforces accurate dissemination of information to the clients
• Provides exercise instruction and motivational support to clients regarding the proper and safe use of equipment relative to individual
exercise program needs
• Provides supervision and observation of clients in the fitness room with physical fitness activities, handling weights, aerobics, and
• Attends trainings, meetings, and information sessions as required
• Assists with program activities, which may require leadership in such activities as athletics and exercise
• Assist with the greenhouse
• Assist in maintaining inventory of supplies, equipment, and educational material
• Assists in cleaning and maintaining each piece of fitness equipment to ensure it is in working order
• Reports potential hazards to Fitness Lead
• Assists in alarms on equipment are functioning properly
• Assists in checking the smoke detectors are working
• Assist in checking the fire extinguishers, exit signs, emergency lights, and doors are accessible
• Assists with community events
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by conducting research; attending seminars, educational workshops, classes, and
conferences; reviewing professional publications; establishing networks; participating in professional societies; conferring with
representatives of contracting agencies and related organizations
• Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required
• Performs other duties as required
• Knowledge and understanding of the physical, mental and emotional requirements of specific job functions, activities and
client care delivery requirements.
• Knowledge of tribal, state, and federal regulations of the privacy care act. – HIPAA.
• Knowledge of exercise and physical fitness principals, practices, and procedures
• Knowledge and proper use of exercise machines and equipment.
• Knowledge of health and nutrition principles and body composition.
• Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
• Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, and preferably in the Tewa language, both verbally and in
• Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and
with co-workers at all levels.
• Ability to work effectively with individuals and demonstrate leadership and team-building skills with empathy and
• Ability to demonstrate moral character, honesty, tact, fairness, lack of prejudice and desire to help when dealing with people.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to analyze situations and adopt appropriate courses of action.
• Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and continually seek improvement in results.
• Ability to work extended hours and various work schedules.
• Skill in using, cleaning and maintaining a variety of exercise equipment.
• Certified in CPR and First Aid within six months of employment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma or GED
• Six (6) months experience in a fitness environment
• A combination of education and experience may be considered
• Fluency in the Tewa Language preferred
• Current valid New Mexico’s Driver’s License
• Must be insurable through the Pueblos insurance Carrier
• No felony convictions or gross misdemeanors within the past ten years
• Must successfully be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and background investigation
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
SUBMIT APPLICATION AND RESUME TO:
OHKAY OWINGEH HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
PO BOX 1099, OHKAY OWINGEH, NEW MEXICO 87566
FAX (505) 852-0093
When required of the position, attach a copy of high school /GED, college education, certification(s) or license(s).
Incomplete applications may delay or exclude consideration of your application