|Position Title||Assistant Cook|
|Period to Apply||05/05/2022-Open Until Filled|
|Supervisor||Senior Citizen’s Head Cook|
|Pay Rate||$11.00(Hour) - $14.00 (Hour)|
|Position Status||Regular Full-Time|
Under direct supervision of the Head Cook, assists Head Cook with meal preparation and maintenance of clean food preparation areas, kitchen, utensils, and equipment.
Work under the direct supervision of the Senior Program Head Cook.
NATURE OF WORK
• Assists in the preparation of meals for the program participants.
• Assists in the management of food, non-food products, and kitchen equipment to meet program objectives.
• Assists in preparing monthly menus, completing meal counts, and preparing meal count reports.
• Assists in enforcing established priorities for serving catered meals, congregate meals, and portion controls to eligible participants Monday through Friday.
• Assists in the delivery of the meals for home bound program participants.
• Plans for scheduled catering and packages catered items for immediate delivery.
• Follows proper food handling procedures, including wearing required hair netting, wearing of serving gloves, and maintaining clean hands.
• Practices good hygiene, including not wearing painted or ornamented finger nails, staying away from food when sick, and washing hands after personal breaks or handling meats, etc.
• Prepares planned meals appropriately to keep food waste to a minimum and in accordance with the recommended daily allowance.
• Stores food and non-food products appropriately.
• Thaws frozen products required for the next daily meal properly.
• Assists Head Cook in using a perpetual inventory system to manage supplies.
• Aids in purchasing supplies from established sources.
• Ensures that products in first are used first.
• Maintains temperature controls for stored food and prepared hot food in accordance with state recommended procedures.
• Cleans and sanitizes equipment and kitchen area.
• Conducts inventory of kitchen equipment, utensils, and linen supplies as requested by the Head Cook.
• Maintains a safe and healthy environment in accordance with established policies, procedures, and regulations in both the food preparation and dining areas.
• Assists in dishwashing.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Knowledge of traditional form of government and pueblo customs and traditions.
• Knowledge of applicable federal, state, county, and local laws, regulations, and requirements.
• Knowledge of how to prepare well-balanced and nutritious meals.
• Knowledge of proper and safe food handling, storage, and disposal requirements.
• Ability to communicate effectively in the English language both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to safely operate various cooking equipment and kitchen appliances.
• Ability to work extended hours and various work schedules.
• Ability to work as a team member in a structured working environment.
• Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and continually seek improvement in results.
• Skill in preparing food for groups of people.
• Skill in handling sharp knives, and other cutting utensils.
• Skill in supervising, training, and evaluating assigned staff.
• Certified Food Handler.
• Certified in CPR and First Aid.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma or GED plus one-year food handling experience in a kitchen environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Must be culturally sensitive and be able to work effectively with individuals from different ethnic backgrounds
• Must be physically able to perform job duties
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality
• Strong clerical and computer/database skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook
• Current valid New Mexico’s Driver’s License
• Must be insurable through the Pueblos insurance Carrier
• No felony convictions or gross misdemeanors within the past ten years
• Must successfully be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and background investigation
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
SUBMIT APPLICATION AND RESUME TO:
OHKAY OWINGEH HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
PO BOX 1099, OHKAY OWINGEH, NEW MEXICO 87566
FAX (505) 852-0093
When required of the position, attach a copy of high school /GED, college education, certification(s) or license(s).
Incomplete applications may delay or exclude consideration of your application