The Ohkay Owingeh Veterans and Families Program is a program designed to assist all Veterans and Family members of Veterans with any and all issues related VA Healthcare, VA Benefits, VA Housing, and VA Cemetery issues.
Currently, the Ohkay Owingeh Veterans and Families Program is managed by Michael Montoya who was appointed by the Ohkay Owingeh Tribal Council through Council Resolution in May of 2015.
For Honor Guard Services or to post colors for your event please contact Manny Valdez @ 505-423-2051 Read More
The mission and obligation of the Ohkay Owingeh Veterans and Families Program is to promote Respect, Excellence, Advocacy, and Commitment for all Native American and Non-Native American Veterans and their families. To increase public recognition and develop core values that define us as a unique and proud people. To respectfully reward all those who have served with honor and courage to keep us and our country safe. And to continuously develop programs to reach out to our veterans, military service members, and their families that will reflect their needs and concerns.
1. Memorial Day Celebration, to be held Memorial Weekend
2. Veterans Day Event, to be held November 11th
3. Veterans and Families Conferences,
4. Thanksgiving Day Food Drives (Elderly)
5. Christmas Gift Giving to (Students)
6. Involvement with Blue Star Mothers
7. Data collection and Photo for National Native American Memorial in Washington D.C.
PO Box 1099
Ohkay Owingeh, NM 87566
Phone (505) 852-4400
Fax (505) 852-4820
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM