Basic Services

    • Preparation of documents on land assignments, transfers and sales.
    • Conduct research on land assignments.

New Ohkay Owingeh Land Assignment Ordinance

  • Issue Business License
  • Mediate Land Disputes among tribal members.
  • Arrange and coordinate land surveys with Tribal GIS Office and Private Surveyors.
  • Prepare and monitor lease documents involving tribal members, businesses and pueblo entities.
  • Assist tribal members with acquiring the documents needed for the HUD 184 loans, which include but not limited to Residential Leases, Title Status Reports etc.

Basic Rules

  • Tribal members cannot rent their home or assigned farm land to a non-tribal members without the express permission of the Tribal Council.
  • Houses and/or mobile homes are no longer allowed to be placed on farm land (ref: Resolution 2000-11, 1992 and 1994 memo).
  • Non-Indians can reside on Ohkay Owingeh land only by the permission of the Tribal Council.
  • Land Transfers, sale of land between tribal members must be approved by the Tribal Council.
  • Prior to purchasing a mobile home please contact our office.

New Ohkay Owingeh Land Assignment Ordinance


Objecting To The Map


CHRISTY MEDINA Ohkay Owingeh Realty Manager

(505) 852-4211
DANIEL MAES Ohkay Owingeh Realty Technician

(505) 852-4211


PO Box 1532
Ohkay Owingeh, NM 87566

Phone (505) 852-4211


8:00 AM-5:00 PM

Physical Location